Sunday, May 3, 2015

TV: Gotham, Season 1

I am very fond of TV Series. And for my 4 month break that is all I'll be doing other than other stuff. My usual are those set in New York City. It all started from Gossip Girl and How I Met Your Mother. Right now, I have just finished the first season of Gotham! Finished 22 episodes (40 minutes each) in less than 3 days. I feel proud. My record was Season 1 of The Mindy Project in 1 day that is 24 episodes (20 minutes each). Anywho, I am not a fan of Batman because he's self-made with no superhuman qualities so I don't really know what made me watch this show only that it is set in NY. SPOILER ALERT!!!


The show follows the crimes solved by the main characters Det. Harvey Bullock portrayed by Donal Logue and Det. James "Jim" Gordon portrayed by Ben McKenzie (Ryan Atwood!!!). No, the Waynes are already dead here except Bruce of course! *Insert orphan Batman jokes here*

Other than the murder of the Wayne parents, Jim and Bullock solve other different crimes for different episodes.

What I loved about this show:

  • Camren Bicondova who plays Selina Kyle. Cute girl but what a brat!
  • Basically everyone's acting because that's what keeps me watching in most shows I watch.
  • Appearances by Eleanor Waldorf and Miss Rosa from Orange is the New Black!
  • Butch Gilzean! Everybody needs a loyal man.
  • Lee's sister's recipe. Hey, that meal looked really good. Did you see Jim's reaction?!
  • I found Falcone to be a sweet man? We all saw his soft side.
  • Nygma until he found pleasure in killing his co-worker.
  • Barbara Kean's apartment. NY GIRL GOALS!!!

What I hated about this show:
  • Penguin's loyalty, but we all know he's loyal to ONLY himself... and his mother.
  • Maroni's death. Don't call a woman like Fish babes. Or Fish... only her friends call her that.
  • Fish falling off the roof. Will she be returning? She was everything! Want more of those eyes.
  • Penguin's mother freaked me out.
  • Selina's transformation. No, girl! I liked you better when you were homeless.
"There's nothing more dangerous than an honest man." - Sal Maroni
~~ Poster was found from Google > Images > Gotham posters

No comments:

Post a Comment