Friday, June 22, 2012

Fitness: Trainers at the Gym

Most of you who are reading this know that I am overweight.

I started going to the gym this March 2012 until now but not continuously because I had a holiday in May. I go to Fitness First SM North Edsa, Philippines and for the two and a half months I've been going there I lost about 10lbs! 

I got my weight checked by so many trainers in the gym. Two to three out of all of them suggested to take personal training. I refused because I know it's going to be really expensive. The last trainer who suggested it to me still asks me to get it for 3 weeks now. He also made a joke telling me that I looked good plus 10lbs. I'm like working my ass off and you tell me that. Ugh!

Today I got my weight checked by the branch manager. First of all, the guy didn't even have a smile on his face longer than 3 seconds but whatever. So what really happened was when the results came he suggested that I take personal training. I said no and that I don't need it. I also told him that I lost 10lbs from the time I started so he suggested a nutritionist. I was like so surprised that none of these trainers care about improvement. They just keep suggesting stuff that I have to pay for. How about a 'great job!' or 'come more to the gym' or whatever that will keep me going!

It is very true that Fitness First charges a lot, like all other good gyms actually. Use the machines, weights, studios, sauna, steam room, shower (all the stuff you paid for to be a member) and leave! Don't talk to any trainer unless you want to be trained. 

I'm kidding, guys! Do whatever you want. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment